Updated: May 6, 2020
A healthy alternative to the traditional breakfast sandwich.
* 1 Slice Ezekiel Bread
* ½ Cup Spinach
* 1/2 Avocado
* 2 Slices Turkey Bacon
* 2 Eggs
* 2 Tbsp. Pico
* Olive Oil Spray
1. Spray pan with olive oil spray and heat to medium heat
2. Cook Turkey bacon until crisp and set to the side
3. Cut avocado in half
4. On side without the pit, slice avocado while still in the skin. Use a spoon to scoop the slices out of the skin.
5. Cook 2 eggs until firm enough to flip; flip and turn burner off
6. Toast bread in toaster until warm
7. Top bread with spinach, eggs, turkey bacon, pico, and avocado
Ezekiel bread can be found in the frozen bread area. It is a live grain bread that contains no flour. I keep this in the freezer and only take out what I need, when I need it. I usually have to toast it twice since it is frozen.
I buy the pico already made at our HEB. I love spicy food, so I always get the hot one. If you don't have pico at your store you can use salsa instead.